Now you have ability to filter data by a multiple metrics which empowers you to analyze specific data in your dashboards. The filters are as follows:
- Leads by Company
- Opportunities by Account Name
- Accounts by Account Name
- Stat widgets by Campaign
- Accounts refers to Converted Leads - An Account is created initially when a Lead is converted, this field addresses these directly
- Company directly filters on the Company field of a Lead
- So while these two filters will look similar, they're touching slightly different identifiers.
No need to pull data from yet another platform. With the SharpSpring integration, your clients’ important SharpSpring analytics are automatically available in white-labeled reports & marketing dashboards. Checkout more details here.
Users now have the ability to toggle between three different views, depending on their organizational needs:
- Tile View
- List view with folder/group
- List view with campaigns only
User will be able to see Campaign filter for all metrics that occur within the filter dropdown in different dashboard.
Upgrades are as follows
- Multi-select Campaigns filter added to Analytics Section
- Campaigns filter in Lists & Segments section updated to multi-select
- Multi-select Campaigns filter added to Metric-Analytics widgets
- Segment filter removed from Metric-Analytics and added to new Segment-Analytics
- In all cases where both are available, the Campaigns filter limits the number of available Metrics (api limitation)
Form Content now contains Email Address and Street Address. Both are a part of Attributes dropdown in Metrics section.
The main campaign table now supports grouping campaigns in the same fashion as the panel view
When adding new users, campaign access settings are now copied from the first entry rather than starting fresh. This will let you add multiple users in succession without having to re-specify campaign access each time.
The help and notification icons now work better with whitelabel, and will more closely match customized colors for both accounts and campaigns.
Now you can see and add the 'Transaction ID' metric under Google Analytics section when navigating in Widgets.